| || |
If you are selected to fill this attorney position in the Northeast Regional Office, you will work primarily on enforcing laws related to consumer protection matters. You will perform a variety of legal duties including:
- Making initial determinations as to whether matters should be investigated;
- Determining legal theories and plans for investigations;
- Conducting and managing investigations, including interviewing and deposing witnesses, and reviewing and analyzing documents;
- Working with economists;
- Drafting complaints, memoranda, briefs and other documents, such as discovery requests and responses;
- Preparing for trial, litigating, and negotiating settlements in consumer protection matters;
- Representing the FTC in trials and hearings;
- You will also perform special assignments as directed.
Candidates must have a law degree and at least 2 years of legal experience. Candidates should also have excellent speaking and writing skills and be able to work effectively with other people, exercise sound judgment, and exhibit a strong interest in the work of the agency. Candidates with a strong background in consumer protection laws are encouraged to apply. The salary range is $92,259.00 to $155,500.00 per year.
To apply, submit your resume by December 1, 2014 to www.USAJOBS.GOV. More details about the position and application process can be found at Announcement No. NER-2015-0002. For additional information, contact Keyonna Washington at 202.326.2853.