| || |
The Federal Trade Commission is seeking a consumer protection attorney to work in its East Central Regional Office in Cleveland, Ohio. The East Central Region carries out the Commission's consumer protection mission, including bringing consumer protection actions and handling educational outreach, in the geographical area that includes Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and Washington, D.C. Cases sometimes involve work and travel outside this geographical area.
If you are selected to fill this attorney position in the East Central Regional Office, you will work primarily on enforcing laws related to consumer protection matters. You will perform a variety of legal duties including:
- Making initial determinations as to whether matters should be investigated;
- Determining legal theories and plans for investigations;
- Conducting and managing investigations, including interviewing and deposing witnesses, and reviewing and analyzing documents;
- Drafting complaints, memoranda, briefs and other documents, such as discovery requests and responses;
- Preparing for trial, litigating, and negotiating settlements in consumer protection matters;
- Representing the FTC in trials and hearings;
- Performing special assignments as directed, including educational outreach.
Candidates must have a law degree and at least 1-2 years of legal experience. Candidates should also have excellent speaking skills and writing skills and be able to work effectively with other people, exercise sound judgment, and exhibit a strong interest in the work of the agency. Candidates with a strong background in consumer protection laws are encouraged to apply. The salary range is $72,249.00 to $111,687.00 per year.
To apply, submit your resume by November 20, 2014 to www.USAJOBS.GOV. More details about the position and application process can be found at Announcement No. ECRO-2015-0002. For additional information, contact Keyonna Washington at 202.326.2853.