| || |
Are you looking for a paid summer internship?
Are you a college or graduate student with a disability?
Are you looking for an opportunity to jumpstart your career path?
If the answer to any one of these questions is yes, you should consider the Emerging Leaders Summer Internship Program for College Students with Disabilities. Coordinated by the National Business & Disability Council (NBDC) at The Viscardi Center, this highly competitive program places top undergraduate and graduate college students with disabilities in fulfilling summer internships nationwide that provide them with meaningful leadership development and networking opportunities.
The Emerging Leaders Summer Internship Program gives college and graduate students with disabilities the opportunity to jumpstart their career path and gain a competitive edge. From a business perspective, the Emerging Leaders Program is a way for companies to bring new talent to their workforce since these students come from well recognized colleges and universities across the country and represent a bright, diverse, and growing future talent pool. Student applicants are referred to businesses through a screening process, conducted by the NBDC Emerging Leaders Program Management Team, that helps ensure that the internship placement is a good fit for both parties.
To qualify to apply for the Emerging Leaders Program, you must:
- Self-identify as a person with a qualified disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Have completed a minimum of 60 college/university-level credits
- Maintain at least a 3.0 GPA
- Maintain matriculated student status for the semester following your internship (graduating seniors immediately continuing on to graduate level study may apply)
- Have U.S. citizenship or be a documented alien legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Application deadline: November 30, 2014
Applications are processed on a rolling basis as they are received. You are strongly encouraged to apply early, because early applicants have the greatest opportunity for placement in an internship.
- Download an application
- Include with your application a 500-word essay on how living with a disability has impacted your life.
- Include with your application a business-appropriate resume that includes your citizenship status under your name and GPA.
- Submit a transcript for the latest completed semester.
- Submit the application and all of the items listed above via email to Emergingfirstname.lastname@example.org
To inquire about the status of your application once it is submitted prior to the deadline, please contact Ann Menzzasalma at 516.465.3751.
For more information about the Emerging Leaders Program or the student application process, please call the National Business and Disability Council at The Viscardi Center at 516.465.1519 or email Emergingemail@example.com.