| || |
Law students who meet the selection criteria and have entered into a JD program at an ABA-accredited law school in the United States are eligible to apply for the scholarship. Applicants may not be a current or past employee of Banner & Witcoff, or directly related to a current employee of Banner & Witcoff.
Scholarship recipients will be selected by the Donald W. Banner Diversity Scholarship review board based on the following criteria:
- Academic merit (undergraduate, graduate and law school)
- Commitment to the pursuit of a career in IP law
- Member of a historically under represented group in IP law (including race,
gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and disability)
- Written communication skills
- Oral communication skills determined through an interview of the law student
- Leadership qualities and community involvement
Recipients of the Donald W. Banner Diversity Scholarship will receive $5,000 payable for the Fall semester of their second or third year of law school.
Applications will be accepted through January 12, 2015. Awards will be announced in May 2015.
Applicants will submit the following documents for consideration:
- Completed Donald W. Banner Diversity Scholarship application form
- Academic transcripts (law school, undergraduate/graduate school)
- Writing sample (5-10 pages) (a legal writing sample is requested, if available)
- Contact information for three references
- One page statement describing how diversity has impacted the candidate
2015 Scholarship Application
The application materials for the 2015 Donald W. Banner Diversity Scholarship for law students are now available for download here. Completed application materials should be submitted no later than January 12, 2015 to:
c/o Christopher Hummel
Banner & Witcoff, Ltd.
1100 13th Street, N.W., Suite 1200
Washington, DC 20005