Legal Compliance and Policy Manager
Legal Compliance and Policy Manager, Convo Communications
Washington DC Metropolitan Area
Convo Communications is a deaf-owned and FCC-certified company that provides 24/7 Video Relay Services (VRS). Convo is looking for an experienced, talented, and driven individual to join the Convo team as Convo’s Legal Compliance and Policy Manager. This position reports to the General Counsel (GC).
Work with the GC on the implementation of compliance policies and procedures to ensure Convo has a coherent, consistent and robust approach. Work with Convo Departments to refine a coherent policy and procedure framework, which is easily accessible to all employees.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the GC to work with managers, employees, and to ensure Convo has a holistic policy framework which covers all key compliance risk areas
- Lead the redocumentation of Convo’s Compliance policy by ensuring all documents accurately reflect its purpose and process
- Ensure all documents are disseminated to managers and employees in a timely and accurate fashion
- Drive delivery of the Compliance policy by ensuring timely reviews of documents and obtaining required approvals
- Ensure all policies have clear plans for engagement, implementation, training, communications and assurance/monitoring prior to issuance
- Drive the policy localization strategy for the department, ensuring Convo policies are correctly adopted throughout all departments
- Support the GC in maintaining a compliance database of policies and procedures
- Monitors and analyzes various policy trends and activities relevant to Convo. Follows up by rendering policy developments into strategic guidance and actions which strengthens or adds to Convo’s service offerings
- Assist in RFP/legal writing in addition to improving policy infrastructure.
- Perform other responsibilities as directed.
Skills and Qualifications
- At least 2 years of experience in the regulatory/legal field or equivalent experience
- Experience of managing policies & procedures in a workplace environment, including demonstrated ability to write policy & procedure documentation
- Demonstrated skills in plain English writing and fluency in ASL with strong analytical skills
- Good judgment enabling the provision of sound advice in difficult areas of law, regulation and practice and the proactive management of compliance and regulatory risk
- Ability to contribute in the development of new strategic frameworks while being an advocate for potential change
- An inquisitive approach to practices, procedures and specific transactions
- Good presentation skills, as well as strong planning and organizational skills.
- Sharp business acumen, including the ability to assess risk
- Strong integrity, ethics, independence and interpersonal skills at all levels
Resume and Writing Samples
Please send cover letter, resume and two writing samples authored by you to email@example.com, subject line Legal Compliance & Policy Manager. This position will be posted until February 19, 2016.