| || |
Perkins Coie's definition of diversity is broad, and past finalists and recipients have included members of racial, ethnic, disabled and sexual orientation minority groups. While applicants need not disclose their financial circumstances, a demonstrated need for financial assistance may be taken into consideration.
The 2015 Perkins Coie 1L Diversity Student Fellows will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
- Candidates must be a first-year law student in good standing pursuing the degree of Juris Doctor at an ABA accredited law school.
- Candidates must have a strong academic record, interest and capacity that demonstrate great promise for a successful career during the remainder of law school and in the legal profession.
- Candidates must meaningfully contribute to the diversity of the law school student body and, upon entering the legal profession, the legal community.
January 9, 2015
To be considered, please submit the following through Perkins Coie's web portal:
- A current resume;
- Three references (please provide name, email and phone);
- Undergraduate and, if available, law school transcripts (unofficial versions are acceptable);
- A legal writing sample (10-page maximum); and
- A one-page, single-spaced, personal statement. Your personal statement should go beyond your resume to tell your unique personal history. Please do not submit a cover letter. In-office interviews will be granted to finalists before fellowships are awarded.
*You are limited to applying to one office.
To apply or to find additional information, please visit http://www.perkinscoie.com/en/about-us/careers/summer-program/1l-opportunities.html#diversity.
For questions, please contact Shelley Levine at Slevine@perkinscoie.com.