| || |
* In order to receive the second payment of the fellowship award, a Cooley Diversity Fellow must receive and accept an offer to return to the firm following the Fellow's 2L year and must not be the recipient of a diversity award from another law firm paid between September 1, 2015 and August 31, 2016. To receive the final payment of the fellowship award, a Cooley Diversity Fellow must receive and accept an offer of full-time employment and join the firm as a full-time first year associate or as a full-time associate post-judicial clerkship.
The eligibility, selection criteria and application process for the program are as follows:
We welcome applications from all law students who:
- Are enrolled full-time in an ABA-accredited law school with an anticipated graduation date of 2017 at the time of application
- Demonstrate a commitment to promoting diversity and inclusion within their communities and/or more broadly
- Can participate in and complete Cooley's 2015 Summer Associate Program
- Will not be the recipient of a diversity award from another law firm paid between January 1, 2015 and August 31, 2015
Fellows will be selected based on consideration of the following factors:
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity and inclusion
- Undergraduate and law school academic achievement
- Personal achievement
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Community service
Applications must include:
- The submission of a complete and accurate online application here
- A personal statement—no more than one single-spaced page in length, demonstrating the achievement of the selection criteria for the Diversity Fellowship
- Current resume
- Undergraduate transcript
- Graduate program transcript(s), if applicable
- Law school transcript (following the receipt of first term grades)
Please note that with the exception of the law school transcript all of the required information must be complete and attached before the application can be submitted. Upon receipt of first term law school grades, please send a copy of your law school transcript to email@example.com.
For 1L students in the 2014-2015 academic year, applications must be received by January 5, 2015. Selected applicants will be contacted on a rolling basis to arrange for personal interviews.
Please direct questions regarding our fellowship to Septina McDonnell, Firmwide Diversity and Inclusion Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Learn more about diversity and inclusion at Cooley here.